Reopening the Breakroom
Employees want and need their comfort drinks and caffeine to be happy and productive. However, they may no longer feel safe using your busy kitchen area or going to a public coffee shop.
It may be time to rethink your reopening of the breakroom by providing more social distancing and fewer chances for cross contamination.
You can either redesign your current breakroom, or move to mini coffee stations throughout your facility. Adding unplumbed brewers that need no water line connections, enable you to easily and affordably achieve this.
A Socially Distanced Breakroom
If you want to retain the same basic breakroom footprint as before, we can provide design suggestions, signage, touch free options, reconfiguration services, and furniture that can be easily disinfected.
Some recommended breakroom setup idea are:
1. Increase Social Distancing – Set up brewers at least six feet apart then add floor signs to maintain safe distance.
2. Good Hand Hygiene – Provide the following:
- Hand cleaning signage
- Antimicrobial soap
- Hand sanitizer for use before and after making a cup of coffee.
3. Minimize Touch Points – Switch to:
- Single serve brewers, such as Keurig
- Move to disposable cups dispensed in a cup dispenser
- Stock areas with single serve packets of sugar, creamer, utensils and stirrers
- Provide stylus pens to each employee for brewer interactions
- Wax paper sheets to minimize cross contamination from touching surfaces or food
4. General Cleaning – Provide disinfectant sprays to quickly wipe down high touch surfaces such as:
- Refrigerator handles and doors
- Cabinet doors and drawer handles
- Light switches
- Provide disinfectant solutions and mops or autoscrubbers for cleaning and disinfecting floors.
5. Recycling – Include Grounds to Grow On bins to facilitate self-removal of brewed K-Cups and to support zero waste to landfill goals.
A Smaller More Distributed Coffee Station Area
Supplemental Coffee Carts
Personal Desktop Brewing
Dedicated Coffee Stations
Dispersed Brewing Stations
In conclusion, AAA can help you rethink your current setup by creating distributed brewer locations throughout your workspace and maximizing social distancing while minimizing possible cross contamination. From independent stations to stand alone carts to individual brewers on the desktop, we will find a solution that meets your needs for reopening your breakroom.