HOW TO CHOOSE THE CORRECT AUTOFAUCET
Proper hand hygiene is important to prevent the spread of germs. Rubbermaid touchless autofaucets help avoid cross-contamination, encouraging employees to wash their hands, keeping your entire office healthier. These touch-free faucets utilizes Surround Sensor™ Technology to dispense water on demand with a wave of a hand. They are comparatively easy to install. Directions are provided below to identify the style of counter mount you have, and the kit that will work with it. Plus a video is provided to help guide installers. Given employee expectations of being kept safe, and the amount of sick time you could eliminate, it may be time for your office to convert any remaining manual faucets.
STEP 1: CHOOSE YOUR AUTOFAUCET DESIGN
STEP 2: DETERMINE THE PROPER PLATE/COVER TO COVER THE FAUCET HOLES IN YOUR COUNTER
Most faucets are mounted to the countertop using a three hole mount or a single hole mount. The three hole mount is typically a 4″ or 8″ center-to-center design (size). You should be able to visually determine which you are currently using by simply looking at your existing cover plate.
STEP 3: DETERMINE THE APPROPRIATE “KIT” FOR THE TYPE OF WATER SCENARIO YOU HAVE
Kit 1: For cold water only feed. Includes spout and valve control module.
Kit 2: For cold water only feed. Includes spout, valve control module, and main supply hose (1/2” pipe x 3/8” comp. x 12” length).
Kit 3: For hot and cold water feeds. Includes spout, valve control module, manual mixing valve, and hot/cold supply hoses (3/8” comp. x 3/8” comp. x 12” length). The manual mixing valve controls the water temperature from the faucet (screw setting changeable).
Kit 4: For hot and cold water feeds. Includes spout, valve control module, thermostatic mixing valve, and hot/cold supply hoses (3/8” comp. x 3/8” comp. x 12” length). The thermostatic mixing valve includes an anti-scalding feature that keeps water temp within +/-3°F of the temperature you set with the adjustment knob.
VIDEO AND LITERATURE
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE DONE SPECIFYING YOUR FAUCET.
Now simply use the table to the right and match up the style of faucet (Milano, Verona or Venetian), the type of cover plate (single hole, 4″ center or 8″ center) and the appropriate kit to determine the correct reorder number. Alternately, use the red buttons below to narrow your choice to the style of faucet you wish and pick from the options presented.
- • Touch-free activation eliminates cross-contamination
- • Sensor technology creates a 3″ omnidirectional sensing zone
- • Patented Dry Cam-Gear Technology controls the water flow and eliminates solenoid valves, preventing costly repairs
- • Battery included with long battery life of 3 years or 400,000 handwashing cycles
- • Faucet is low lead compliant and comes with a 0.5 GPM spout
- • Delivers water only when needed, saving up to 70% of water
- • Available with optional AC power adapter
- • Optional thermostatic mixing valve
- • Complementary design with RCP OneShot soap dispenser
- • Auto-open line purge eliminates stagnant water and bacterial growth
- • Optional Flow Control Aerators deliver 1.0, 2.0, or 2.2 GPM
1) Faucet design (Milano, Verona, Venetian).
2) Cover plate.
3) Valve Control Module. This module, which comes standard with all faucets, helps ensure sanitary flushing of water to eliminate stagnant water and bacteria growth.
4) Mixing Valve. Only required when using hot and cold water.
5) Water supply hose.